The Banco de Guatemala Library was founded in 1955. Its creation was due to the need to keep and offer specialized information, initially for the Department of Economic Studies and then for users in general. It began operating with service to the public in 1958. It is currently located in the Annex II building of the Banco de Guatemala; its hours are from 8:00 a 18:00 horas. The requirement to ask for service is to present a personal identification document.